Video Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Tech

A forum for my fellow film students and others to share their passion for film making

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Glass Menagerie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lprath4463
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
lprath4463

The Glass Menagerie Empty
PostSubject: The Glass Menagerie   The Glass Menagerie EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm

For anyone interested in a directorial project, I strongly suggest watching "The Glass Menagerie", starring John Malkovich. It is based on a play of the same name, and the great thing is understanding why the director chose to film things the way that he did. He was actually able to capture more of the nuances of the characters and their stories by using the film format than a theatre director maybe ever could, simply by using this medium of video.

Questions to ask yourself while watching:
1. Does this feel like I'm watching a theatrical onstage performance or a movie? Why?
2. How is the director able to help the audience to follow the thought processes of the characters?
Back to top Go down
ecampos

The Glass Menagerie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Glass Menagerie   The Glass Menagerie EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Hmm, I don't see one with John Malkovich on Netflix. The one that's on there has Katherine Hepbourne. Is that the same one?
Back to top Go down

The Glass Menagerie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Video Tech :: Film Directing-
Jump to: